Wednesday, October 7, 2009


So... I finally finished the project. I did not use the angry seagulls even though they were pretty intense because I couldn't exactly figure out how to change the context of some angry seagulls stealing some fish. After perusing all of my pictures, I found some interesting pictures from my experimenting, and then right as I was about to give up, I randomly found a picture of a sign in the Portugal duty-free shop taken on my way back from my European study abroad travelling this summer. The sign was under a Grey Goose bottle and the sign said, "The sale of spirits is prohibited under the age of 16. If necessary photographic identification may be required to prove the age." I was inspired to start working with this sign, but some more googling led me to find a picture of two toddlers drinking, so I played around with the image of the two kids, fixing the color, focusing the picture on the shining alcohol bottles, and I added "If mommy can do it, so can I." Something about two little boys left in the park to be drinking, even if this is a set up, made me think about my niece and how she copies everything that everyone does. She does not understand what she is doing, but if she sees me stick my tongue out, she repeats... And with alcohol, kids can easily rinse and repeat.

1 comment:

  1. This is great, and I love how you used the term "rinse and repeat"! Your message is so relevant, since all children are mere imitators of those they look up to.

    ReplyDelete